Georgetown Climate & Temperature
- Georgetown, Ascension Island is at 7°55'S, 14°25'W, 17 m (56 ft). See map.
- Georgetown has a subtropical desert / low-latitude arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BWh)
- The annual average temperature is 26 degrees Celsius (78.8 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 2 °C (3.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype extremely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 142 mm (5.6 inches) which is equivalent to 142 Litres/m² (3.48 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2659 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Georgetown you would come out nearest to the climate station at Kwajalein Island, Marshall Islands where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Georgetown, Ascension Island Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: