Georgetown Climate & Temperature
- Georgetown, Ascension Island is at 7°55'S, 14°25'W, 17 m (56 ft). See map.
- Georgetown has a subtropical desert / low-latitude arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BWh)
- The mean temperature is 26 degrees Celsius (78.8 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 2 °C (3.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype extremely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 142 mm (5.6 inches) which is equivalent to 142 Litres/m² (3.48 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2659 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Georgetown you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Kwajalein Island, Marshall Islands where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Georgetown Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Georgetown Climate Graph in Metric Units
Georgetown Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Georgetown, Ascension Island Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: